Friday, March 8, 2013

16 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 16 weeks


Size of baby: 3.5 ounces, 5 inches long, size of an avocado


Total Weight Gain/Loss: gain 7.5 lbs


Maternity Clothes: definitely only thing I can wear pants wise (jeans), shirts I just wear longer ones and some maternity ones
 

Gender: still don't know yet!


Movement: pretty sure I have felt them both move =)

Sleep: tossing and turning some and still waking up to go potty once


What I miss: being able to breath, my sinus' have been SO congested lately!


Cravings: same as before, nothing in particular... anything salty or sweet!


Symptoms: heartburn, BAD round ligament pains, Braxton Hicks (1-2 a day)

Best Moment this week: I was finally starting to get some energy back but then got pretty sick with a head cold/sinus issues and was exhausted again... hoping to start feeling better and having more energy again =)
 
Here is what fraternal twins look like at 16 weeks in utero
(ours are identical so there is only 1 placenta)
 
 
I had my 16 week appointment at my OB today. It was basically a very quick and simple appointment. She talked a little and checked the heartbeats. Baby B was in the 140s (low for that one) and Baby A was in the 150s. They kept moving around and it was hard for her to hear them for a long time! We even heard what sounded like Baby B moving against the doppler LOL. So they are still very active as before.
 
Next week we go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) doctor and we will get another ultrasound! Right now we are debating on whether we should continue going to both. I met up with a NP that works on my floor at the hospital I work at and she is also pregnant with identical twins. She mentioned that she only goes to the MFM docs and doesn't go to her OB anymore because a) MFM docs are specialized in twins and b) it's too time consuming and costly to keep going to both when the OB doesn't do anything more than MFM does. So I am thinking I might stop going to my OB and go to MFM only.  I will talk to MFM at my next appointment about all this and see what they say.
 
As of right now the babies sound great and I am growing rather large! Haha!
 
Dave wanted me to take a picture in this shirt because according to him "it's a good prego shirt" haha
 
 
and of course this rock star wanted to be in the pictures too!

 
16 weeks!

 
and just for a fun comparison because comparisons are always fun!
 
 

1 comment:

Angie Kinane said...

:) I'm betting boys with heart rates like those <3