So I have been wanting to redo our kitchen since we moved in here! It was very old and outdated but we haven't had the money or time to do it. Well my mom and I decided to go to Lowe's and look at stuff and we found this awesome product that we could redo our kitchen countertops ourselves, without the hassle of getting a whole new countertop. It's called
Countertop Transformations and it is fairly easy. It just takes a lot of prep and "healing" time, so my kitchen/house is still a mess because we still can't put everything back. Luckily I was able to convince Dave that it will all look nice and it's all cost effective so he let us do it! My mom and I started working on everything Sunday morning after Dave left for CA. Kimberly babysat Haylee that day so we could get a lot more done without her wanting to get into everything. We decided to also paint all the cabinets and cabinet doors white. I figured that would be the easiest color to paint them and them still look decent. We started on that first then moved on to the countertops. We still have a LOT of work to do (my Dad is going to frame out the cabinet doors, put door knobs/pulls on, finish painting a few things, get a new black stove, black refrigerator, black hood, light fixtures, kitchen sink faucet and window treatments). It looks SO much better though with just what we have done so far. I'm so thankful for my mom's great ideas and help! I wouldn't have gotten nearly any of it done without her (not to mention I don't think Dave would have even let me do it without her anyways! LOL).
Here are a few pictures of the project so far. Some before, during and after. Please keep in mind that we are not done yet, I just wanted to let you all see what we've done so far =)
BEFORE
(minus all the "thumbs" on the top & bottom of the doors, they're still on the drawers though)
BEFORE
PREP WORK
(I'm a little embarrassed of all my junk in my cabinets LOL)
DURING
FIRST TWO COATS OF COUNTERTOP
& PAINTING STARTED
MY HOUSE IS A MESS!
AFTER!
FINISHED PRODUCT AFTER FINAL TOP COAT
& DOORS BACK ON
Like I said, we still have a lot of work left to do but we are very pleased with the results =) What do you all think?!
No comments:
Post a Comment