Monday, July 6, 2009

busy week and weekend

We've had another busy week this week. On Tuesday morning Kimberly, the girls, my friend Angie, Jacob's sisters Carolanne and Nicole and I went to Ocean Breeze. We had a lot of fun. Kylie loves this new slide in the big area. I think she's too cool for the kiddie area now haha. Marty even went on a few slides! After Ocean Breeze we went home and Haylee took a nap. My friend Kelly was being induced that day so I wanted to go up to the hospital to be there when her baby was born. I had to wait until Haylee woke up though and she wasn't moving very fast so I was waiting. My Mom ended up taking off early and came to my house and watched her. So I left home around 4/4:30 to go to the hospital. When I got there she was still moving very slowly and we were just waiting around. Around 6pm she picked up all the sudden and Lily was born around 7:45pm. I ended up staying at the hospital until 9ish. My poor Mom had a long drive home too but thank God for Grandma's!
*
Wednesday we did our normal lunch routine with Mom and the girls in Chesapeake. After lunch (which didn't end to good because Kylie was being bad) my Mom and I went to see this lady to discuss renting chair covers and table linens from her for the "wedding." Once that was done we dropped my Mom off at work then Haylee and I went to the hospital again to visit with Kelly and Lily. We stayed there for about an hour and then went home.
*
Friday was the 3rd and everyone was off due to the holiday (except Dave, he had to take off) so we all decided to go to Busch Gardens. We thought we were very crazy to do that because a lot of people we talked to said they were going to go there so we thought it'd be packed. We got there right when they opened at 10am and it's wasn't bad at all. We were able to ride our favorite rides right away, eat at our favorite lunch place and then let Kylie ride her rides and play in Elmo land. Both girls did really good again and we had a great time! We left there about 4pm. On the way home we stopped at Kelly's to see her and Lily. Mom, Dad and Dave hadn't seen Lily yet and we passed their house on the way home so stopped for about 15 minutes just to say "Hi".
Saturday was the 4th. We had another fun day! We went to the Capps for the normal BBQ with family friends. The girls swam in the pools and really enjoyed that. They also swung in the swings. Kylie got knocked over by a moving swing and that was bad. She basically did a cartwheel! Then right after that a little girl about 20 months old decided to follow her older sisters into the pool! It was an eventful 10 minutes! Both girls were fine in the end though, thank God. Seems that there's always something eventful on the 4th! haha! The 4th ended with fireworks that my parents got and my Dad shot off at Kimberly and Jacobs. There were some really good ones too! Their neighbors also shot off a lot of them so we got to watch a few shows. Kylie stayed up for them but Haylee went to bed before they started. I was surprised they didn't wake her up at all. Then after the fireworks Grandma and Grandpa took the girls to their home to spend the night. We had such a great 4th!
such a big girl! swimming in the poolpretty fireworks!
It's so hard to believe that last year I was pregnant with Haylee and this year she was 7 1/2 months old!! Time is just flying by way too fast =( I know I've said this before, I love watching her learn new things and grow and get her little personality but I just want her to stay my baby forever!
Kylie and me last year...Kylie and me this year...
I thought this was funny because Kylie is doing the same thing with her finger (last year)...
Sunday was a relaxing day and then we decided to go register at Bed, Bath and Beyond. That took a lot longer than we expected! We're still going to register at Target too. Dave loves Target. Wedding plans are coming together good. We're pretty much about done with the decisions and ordering things. It's so nice to have everything come together!
*
Tomorrow I'm going to ITT for an information seminar on the nursing program. It's a 15 month program to get an associates degree to become an RN. And then on Friday I am going to take the entrance exam for the program (which has to be taken before even applying to the program). It has Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy, Math and English on it. I am a little nervous but hoping I will do fine. I plan on trying to take it without going to the prep class. If I don't pass it I am able to take it one more time and then I would have to wait 12 months to take it again. I'm hoping to knock it out after one time though. I don't have much extra time to go to the prep classes. I'll just try to review basic stuff here at home. If I pass the test then I will go forward with applying to the program and then hopefully starting it in September. The only thing about starting it in September is that it starts on the 7th and the "wedding" is the 11th then the honeymoon is the 13th through the 20th. So in that case I would miss at least a week of school. So I am going to have to discuss that with them and see what they say and if it will be ok to miss a week. If not I would start the program in December, which thankfully isn't too long after the September class! Please pray for me to be able to pass the exam and get in the program!

No comments: