Ok here is my school update. On Tuesday I went to ITT to speak with Financial Aid. After sitting there for 45 minutes she then informed me of the outrageous cost of just 3 quarters (which isn't even a full year) and how I would pay for it. The only way would be half in Stafford loans and the other half in private loans, I didn't qualify for any grants. I calculated the entire cost of the program and it would be about $55k! And then add onto that the loans I already have. I am not trying to pay on student loans until I die for an associates degree! So I was very bummed about the whole thing. I was SO excited about this program, being able to start it in September and graduate in 2011. But, as with everything in my life, things don't work out the way I want or plan, I just need to keep telling myself "everything happens for a reason"!
So back to Plan A. Which is TCC. I do have more faith in TCC as the program is not new like it is at ITT and it is WAY cheaper. About 1/3 of the cost! Crazy huh?! The only reason I wasn't going to go to TCC was because I still have some pre-reqs to take in order to even apply. I have to take Algebra and Microbiology. I did find out that I can be enrolled in those classes and apply to the program at the same time and my acceptance would be passed on my passing grade. So if I apply to it on September 1st, and by the love of God I get accepted, I will start the program NEXT fall, 2010. SO far away when compared to ITT. So that is a major bummer.
So of course there has to be a catch though, two actually. 1st, right now there are no Micro labs open. There are some lectures but not labs and you have to have both to pass the class. So I will check back online daily to see if someone dropped it and PRAY someone does before it's too late to add it and pray I get to it before someone else does. The 2nd and most detrimental catch, when I first attended TCC in 2002 I was stupid and failed several classes and therefore dropped my GPA very low. In order to get into the program I have to have a cumulative GPA of 2.5. To most that's not very high but since I did so poorly in the past it has been hard for me to raise it only taking 1 class a semester. I have gotten either an A or B in my classes since I've gone back so that is good, but not good enough. So in order to apply and successfully raise my GPA I have to enroll in 4 classes and get an A in every single one! I have not taken that many classes since 2002 but I HAVE to do it. Right now I am enrolled in Anatomy & Physiology II, Algebra, English and Child Psychology. My hope is that a Micro class becomes available and I will switch Anatomy for that. If one does not open I will not be able to apply to the program on September 1st and I will have to wait until the spring to apply once I am enrolled in Micro. Fun stuff. So much crap. I just hope that I'm not over doing it with being in 4 classes. 2 are online and should be easier but I'm just nervous. Thank God I don't have a job other than Haylee or I wouldn't be able to do it.
So anyone who is reading this PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!! Please pray that someone drops the class so I can apply and please pray that I can get an A in every class. Thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment