I got into a Microbiology class!! This means that I will be able to apply to the program on September 1st. I was so relieved to have that happen. It is at the Norfolk campus though, which is not ideal since Kimberly is watching Haylee so it'll involve a lot of driving around. But it's good because of the times and days. It's only on Tuesday and Thursday from like 9:30 - 12:30 (lecture & lab). So I will be able to just stay for lab and not have to go back another day or time. Also, it'll be during Haylee's nap time so she'll sleep and then when she wakes up Kimberly can put the other girls down and then she'll feed Hay lunch and I'll be there soon after. So that's very good.
I met with a counselor at TCC and she went over a few things with me. I got a lot accomplished that day. I got my name changed, my "home campus" changed and my degree changed (which the 2nd two had to be done to get into the nursing program). She also told me that in order to raise my GPA faster I should repeat the classes I did bad in. I just planned on taking a lot of classes to try and raise it. So I'm going to take Micro, English 112, Child Psychology (repeat) and Intro to Psychology (repeat). The English & two Psych classes are online. And we figured if I get a B in everything I will have a high enough GPA. Woo hoo! I was worried I'd have to get an A, I am of course still going to try for an A but I won't be as stressed! So that is all good news on the school front.
No comments:
Post a Comment