On Saturday morning Haylee and I went to get my dress altered. We met up with my mom and sister there. It didn't go as well as I hoped. I got pretty depressed afterwards. The dress is not the color ivory I wanted, it's more white and so the shoes didn't match (they were too ivory). Then the bra I had gotten wasn't right, it went too high up in the back. Then there's a part on the dress that they couldn't fix and I didn't like the way it stuck out (a wire under the fabric). Then they couldn't do a bustle like I wanted. It's all minor things but since they were all happening at the same time I was getting stressed out and not happy. I just don't do good when things don't turn out the way I picture. Plus I thought I looked horrible in the dress. Ugh. So after that I went home and sulked haha. Saturday night my friend was having a dinner get together with friends to celebrate her 30th birthday at a restaurant down at the oceanfront. Dave was working so I couldn't go since I had Haylee (plus it was an expensive place) but I was going to meet up with them after they ate and hang out down at the beach and listen to music. So Haylee and I went to the mall to eat dinner and shop at Kohl's for a while until it was time to go to the beach. Well that didn't happen because they ended up taking longer than planned to eat and Haylee needed to go to bed. So we just went home and that was the end of the day.
Sunday afternoon around 12 my mom and I went to Lynnhaven mall to shop. She knew I was depressed from the day before and knows how to make me feel better! Haylee stayed home with her Daddy and we got to go without having to tend to her. It was a nice break. We went looking for new shoes and a new bra. Which we found both! She also was so kind to buy me two dresses and a shirt for the honeymoon cruise =) I'm so lucky to have her as my mommy! Later that evening we went to the Tide's game in Norfolk, which is a local minor league (I think haha) baseball team. The girls did pretty good. Haylee was a little fussy but for the most part it was fun. They did good considering it started at 6:15 and their bed time is around 7:30! Here are some pictures.
holding hands


No comments:
Post a Comment