I feel like I'm so bad at updating about the little things Haylee does. This blog is not only for our out of town family to see pictures and videos of her but also for me to remember things. I can barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone months ago. So I really like that I started making this blog, and I hope that one day I will be able to print it out into a "blog book" so I will always remember the things that happened. Especially if, God forbid, blogspot isn't here anymore or it's totally lost. I'd be devastated. Anyways, last night I was reading a friends blog and she had posted ones about the little things her boys do and it got me to thinking I needed to do that for Haylee... now hopefully I can remember everything! Just a warning, this is going to be LONG!
- One of the best things Dave has ever taught Haylee: when we are sleeping she needs to give us a kiss to wake us up, like a Princess. It is SO sweet, and you can tell when she's going to do it and pretty much does it every time she sees us asleep. I will often pretend to be sleeping just to get those kisses! She will grab your face and neck and pull you towards her and plant one on you. I love it!

She loves to read and be read to. Especially her Bible. She will bring book after book to you to read to her. She'll ask me while I'm driving to read to her. When I say I can't, she says "ok, it's my turn to read"
- She is pretty passive. If she wants something and you say no, or she has to wait until later she will sometimes say "OK!" and move on. Don't get me wrong, she does throw a small fit sometimes, I mean she is 2! But for the most part she gives in pretty easily.
- She is the master delayer. When we put her to bed at night she will come up with any and everything to do. She always brushes her teeth, then will wash her hands. Both of those take a while. Then she will say she needs to pee and will sit on the pot forever (and never go of course!). Then she'll get down and we'll say it's time for bed and she'll say no, she has to poop. Which she of course doesn't go. Then we'll finally get her out of the bathroom and she will get book after book after book for us to read to her. Then we'll get her in bed and she'll say she wants to go lay in mommy & daddy's bed to watch "Daddy's soccer" (which is football). It could really go on and on...
She plays in her crib for a long time in the morning. She'll stay in there for an hour or longer if we let her and just play with her babies or read her Bible. Sometimes she likes to pull things into her crib like she did this morning...

- She's getting more brave and climbing on stuff more. She'll climb on her dress-up clothes toy box to play with her kitchen. Or she'll climb onto her chair to get movies. She still isn't climbing out of her crib or anything but she's doing more then before. She's still cautious Haylee though ;-)
- Favorite movies: Nemo, Shrek, Little Mermaid, Bambi
- Favorite music: Dora Holiday Christmas CD or the ABC CD - both are in the car. She will dance and sing to everything and anything though
- Favorite foods: Chicken nuggets, cheese, milk (of course she can't have it though), yogurt (also known as Dora applesauce), pickles, broccoli & carrots, a lot of snacks and of course candy! She will pretty much try almost anything. I've really never had a problem with her eating habits.
- Favorite person: really everyone! LOL! She loves her Grandma & Pandka, she says she's KK's girl and of course she loves her Mommy & Daddy. She also loves her KyKy, who lately she has been calling Kylie. If we go somewhere she'll go through a whole list of people asking if they're coming.
- She calls Grandpa, "Pandka". Not sure why but she has been doing that for a while and hasn't changed it!
- She goes to storytime every Wednesday. Either Kimberly or Dave takes her, depending on who has her that week. Although I don't think KK will ever take her again because Brayden should be here soon! She loves it and loves telling me all about it. A new thing in the 2 year old storytime is that they have homework every week. They bring home a paper with a new letter on it every week and have to bring it back the next week. This weeks letter is "L".
- Potty training is non-existent right now. We tried and she just would not go pee in the potty. She'd sit on there for a while but never go and as soon as we'd put the pull up on she'd go in it. So we decided she wasn't ready yet. She still wants to sit on it often and wear panties but we're sticking to diapers for now and let her explore it as much as she wants. We are in no hurry, she's barely two!
Can I help you??

- She still takes an afternoon nap and it's rather long. Usually we'll lay her down around 1:30 and she'll sleep until at least 5, or sometimes 6. Then goes to bed for the night at 8:30ish.
- Clothes size: She's still wearing 24 month pants. 18 months are finally getting too short for her. 2T are way too long still. She can fit into 2T shirts just fine though. Diapers are a size 5 (as they have been forever now). Shoe size is a 5.5 - 6.
Guess that's about enough for now. I know I've missed a lot but I have to stop somewhere ;-) We love you Haylee Renee and hope that you stay as sweet and wonderful as you always have been!
No comments:
Post a Comment