Her Ortho appointment lasted all of 5 minutes. The appt. was at 9:30 and we were in our car at 9:35. The doctor just basically looked at her reflexes and watched her "walk" and then said she was fine. He said to come back in 2 months if she's still not walking because he considers the time to walk is 8 months to 18 months and she was still in her 18th month. We won't be going back though, because we know she's just fine. So we left there then went to CFA for some breakfast.
Her Neuro appointment lasted a little longer and they actually did some "tests." They first weighed her and did her measurements. I'm not sure the height or head circumference but she weighs 22.5 lbs. So she's gained weight already since her 18 month appointment less then a month ago. I knew she felt heavier =) After the measurements we went into a small room where Haylee sat at a table (which she loves sitting at little kids tables so she wanted to get up there right away) and a lady (Developmental Specialist) and Dr. Montgomery came in. The Developmental Specialist sat next to Haylee at the table and started doing some things with her. She basically showed Haylee a lot of toys and puzzles and what not geared towards her age to see what she could and couldn't do. She also asked her a lot of "what is this" or "what does this say" but of course she didn't answer her on some things and we all know she says a lot of words. I am actually really impressed with how well she talks. At first Dave and I didn't see everything she was doing because the doctor was asking us a bunch of questions about her. After he was done talking to us he watched Haylee play for a little bit then he did an exam on her. He sat on the floor with her and looked at her reflexes and everything. Sat her in front of him and kind of pushed her around. I guess to see if she'd just fall or what she'd do. She didn't like that "bullying" very much and reached for Dave. So the doctor had her go to Dave the way she does (crawling) and pull up on him. Then he tried to get her to walk to Dave but of course she wouldn't. That was basically all of the testing they did. He then told us she was normal. He said every other development is right on target, and she's actually ahead then most with reasoning and what she can understand and do. He said most kids her age can walk but she can do more mentally. Guess she has the time to take more in =) He also said that sending her to physical therapy wouldn't matter because she doesn't need it. He said she will be walking in the next month or two and he is very confident with that. So it basically went as expected and we are very pleased. He was a very nice doctor and the lady was sweet too. I find it funny how she won't walk but she understands it. She will tell us all the time when she wants to walk by saying "walk, walk, walk" and usually reaching for our hands. Also, if you asked her if she wants to walk like a big girl or like Ky-Ky she says "NOOOOO" and shakes her head vigorously. She's a trip! Haylee is just very smart and cautious! After this appointment we went to get some ice cream at the Skinny Dip. I think Haylee really enjoyed her afternoon (which you can't usually say after going to the doctors!) =)
Here are some pictures of her waiting in the waiting room at the Neuro doctor. It was hard to entertain her, she kept wanting to crawl all over the place and play with all the kids there =)
I was looking through old videos, and found one of when she was just learning to crawl. She's barely doing it here and is slow but now she's fast as lightening when she crawls! LOL. I know this will be the case of her walking soon enough!
And since I was looking through videos here's one I thought was super cute =) I love her toothless grin. So sweet and innocent!
No comments:
Post a Comment