Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Preschool!

This morning I went to Kids of Grace to enroll Haylee for preschool next year. My niece Kylie goes there and has always loved it so I really wanted to take Haylee there too. Since her birthday is in November she had to wait until next school year to get into the 2 year old class. Today was open enrollment for all the community and I wanted to get there early to make sure she got a spot in the class. This school has a lot of competition and the classes fill up fast. While I was waiting they had said the 3 year old class was already filled up. The older classes fill up faster because families whose kids are already enrolled in the school for this year (i.e. my niece) get priority over the "community." I wasn't too worried about Haylee getting a spot since the 2's class is the youngest age they have there.

I chose to have her go on Tuesday and Thursday. I figured it would be nice to break it up that way and also since they follow the Virgina Beach public school schedule there are a lot of holidays on Mondays so I didn't want her to have to miss any classes. I'm very excited for her, I know she's going to love it just as much as Kylie does! 

She'll start on the Tuesday after Labor Day in the 2 year old class! I PRAY that I won't have a clinical that day and will be able to take her! I would be devastated if I couldn't take her on her first day of school =(

Click HERE to visit her school's website and here is a little something about her 2 year old class:

TWOS Ratio 2:8 (teachers:children)

Exploration! Exploration! Exploration! Two year olds are learning as they explore the world around them-that includes people, things and animals! In the Twos Room we plan developmentally appropriate activities around monthly themes to encourage exploration, to assist children in becoming independent, to provide opportunities to develop social skills, and to encourage language development. Twos learn to play cooperatively, learn to share, to take turns, and show self-control. Our daily outdoor time gives children the opportunity to develop the large motor functions. Our teachers model God's love as they nurture and care for the children. At circle time they enjoy books, rhymes and Bible stories, talk about the weather and sing songs. Before snack they pray together.

No comments: